Was at the Freedom Play Day.

First kudos to Freedom for getting more fields and going while most tournaments were cancelled - with Fall sports and other events rescheduling never works and while it sucked playing and watching in the rain it worked out and was the right thing to do. Though obviously offense was harder to come bye - my son said he couldn't see a damn thing the first game and said the 3rd was even harder.

My thoughts:

Freedom & FCA looked good splitting a set of games. Not sure what happened in the championship as FCA won 4-3 because I watched the first game and thought Freedom was clearly better winning I think 7-3 or 7-2.

NXT Black was hammered by everyone. NXT just didn't have the horses - good coaching and well run organization but if they play the Black team in top events they will lose a ton.

Sons and South Shore look like decent A level teams - Sons are overrated as usual, only realy good Sons team is the 20's IMO. South Shore goalie is a beast, only a matter of time before the big dogs try to take him.

Patriot real solid team as usual. Good Jersey team, plays physical like all Jersey teams and have a good offense.

Real surprise was Dukes Young Guns - didn't expect much but beat NXT pretty good and lost in the championship bracket to FCA 3-2 in a great game. Overall better then I expected when I saw them in the field.

Overall good event with good teams. Was fun but wet.