Originally Posted by Anonymous
crabs 2021 is really crabs 2020 and even has 1 kid that is a double hold back (2019)....sad

You are completely wrong on all fronts. Crabs 2021 has no players from Crabs 2020 team and does not have a 2019 double holdback. You seem to just pull this
stuff out of your butt, which you probably do. Don't tell me club teams in your area have no holdbacks or pre first. Now that would be pure BS.

Oh so your saying the Crabs DO NOT but everyone else does. Guess your new to all this. Chubby crab is the leader of all this holdback stuff which is ruining the sport

Please go back and read the post. It states that Crabs 2021 team does not have any Crabs 2020 players and does not have a double holdback 2019, as the original poster incorrectly posted.
New to this you ask. Nope, been involved in youth/club lacrosse for a long time. True, Crabs was the first to start the club/grade base program but if you think they are the only clubs with holdbacks, you are either fooling yourself or you really know NOTHING about club lacrosse. Plus you know clubs in your area have holdbacks and/or pre first. It is happening in club lacrosse in every area of the country.
Everyone knows the middie for Team 91 NY is a holdback, it is easy to find on the web.
So, just go back an re read the post, you will figure it out.

2022 is the big year for holdbacks..8th grade is the time to reclass due to HS restritions on 4 years. Last year 2021 saw a bunch of new reclassed players to go along with all the prefirsts and already reclassed. Crab teams are the king of holdbacks as are the teams/players in MIAA High School in MD which feed the Crabs and now FCA .

More parents in MD are holding/reclassing their child earlier than 8th now. I have seen many just pick at grade..But most are now 6th thru 8. Sad but that is what is happening in the sad state of youth lacrosse

Do you really think it is only lacrosse? Look at youth football and basketball, it is happening much more than lacrosse, and it is happening countrywide.
As for lacrosse, it NY changed from December to August, there would be many more holdbacks in the NY club programs. I'm surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to get around the December date. There are holdbacks in youth club lacrosse in NY, perhaps not as many as in Md. but they are there. I would guess kids attending private/Catholic schools would have a much greater opportunity to repeat a grade whereas in public school it would be more difficult, unless there was a strong academic reason. I have heard in Md it is difficult to repeat a grade in public schools, thus most of the stronger players are attending private.

Pathetic response. YOUTH football and basketball along with soccer and baseball are ALL AGE based in YOUTH prior to High School. Only the sad state of lacrosse is it acceptable to have select grade based older kids ( holdbacks/prefirsts/reclassed) play against kids younger than them. Maryland is the king of YOUTH grade base to give the select kids an advantage.

HS has always had reclassed or heldback players. It is a slight advantage but by that time its HS and most have reached puberty along with 9th-12th grade competition.