Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your Magic 8 ball tells you the best 7th grade girls won't be the best in 11th grade. Nobody can predict the future on how girls will grow and develop other than you based on your first sentence. The best players haven't started playing yet? Completely false that used to happen not anymore lets see where all these new stars land at tryouts. Size and speed will rule? How about other intangibles like lax IQ, heart, hustle, work ethic I guess that doesn't matter. And if size and speed will rule in the years to come why don't they rule now?

Size and speed don't rule? What games do you watch? If it sticks by high school, tall and fast girls are sought after. What sport is size and speed not desired? Heart and lax IQ are absolutely important, but if girls are running past you, where is heart going to get you? On the bench, that's where. Slow girls with good sticks and lax IQ play attack. I guess you have no experience with high school track. Some girls - not all girls - that are fast in 9th grade are no longer fast by 11th and 12th grade. Fast girls with decent stick skills make really good defenders, especially backers. Wait 3 years and see how many girls on these 2023 teams are still superstars in high school. Probably not even half. So funny how these 7th grade teams are analyzed. They didn't even play a middle school game yet.[/quote]

The top girls now will absolutely be the tops in HS. They have already separated themselves with a combination of size, speed, power , athleticism in general, and work ethic. They also excell at the other sports they play. You don’t just magically get great. I have older kids and have been through this. The vast majority of those who stood out in 7th and 8th grade still do. Yes there are a couple of outliers, but those are the exception not the norm.