Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2023 LI lax clubs seem all fired up, predicting the certain failure of the YJ club. Would like to put YJ into context for some of you. The first HS graduating class was a 2001 team, this year I believe they are starting teams for 2027. That's 26 years of Blue teams. Nowadays these teams play out for 8-9 years, used to be less. Also some of the younger teams only have a few of those years under their belts. If you look at the top YJ teams only you end up with in the neighborhood of 200 summer seasons played. There were two seasons where TG 2020 team seemed about as good as the YJ team, a couple years now where 2023 Igloo and TopGuns seem to have an edge. 2016 TG was close and a couple years were Liberty had some teams in the conversation. So to put this into
sobering context for you, out of 200 Blue team seasons played, you can point to 5-6 that they weren't considered the best team on LI. Go back to the BOTC threads from the beginning like ten years ago. Same exact predictions of the impending end for YJ. Some things never change.

Sorry but your history is off. TG 2016 was never considered a top team while YJ was best team in the country for several years . I believe the 2019 age may be close.

True, was trying to dish out a little bit of credit, but you are correct, so skew the number a little further towards my point, out of 200 Blue teams seasons played, you can point to 4-5 that weren't considered the best team on LI.