Originally Posted by Anonymous
No... neither is The Real YJ team. That was the point. Navy & LI have many of the YJ girls. I Never said LI is the real A team. It is made of LEG, YJ and other organizations. All from Navy and LI have played with each other in different concoctions. All get along. We LOVE the Navy & LI equally as they are the same group. This all began with a Green Hornet parent talking smack that they beat doen YJ. Not true. Never beat team LI at Hofstra either. Revisionist history. To put down a score differential from an 11 yr old game from a year ago is weird & pathetic

YJs can't get out of their own way. The majority of YJ starters
(Navy+Team LI) played against the majority of TG (Hornets) starters on Sunday, and it wasn't pretty. It was the best game of the day, as the others were a waste of time. It is always a great game between the rivals. My daughter is a TG but we would never count out the YJs. All these girls are dedicated and work hard, I think it comes down to the coaching. YJ continues to lose the best players with the latest casualty a fantastic goalie. Every player that left YJ has gotten better while the YJ girls are having some difficulty getting the job done. How do you explain that? It's not because YJ girls are not good enough, but rather due to the toxic culture of the brand. Selfish me me me seldom works.

If it's the brand then how do explain that TG has never really had a team that was competitive with the YJ top team for more than one season . This nonsense sounds a lot like a few years back when TG would send only a select few 2020 players to play against off season YJ teams and claim they beat a YJ top team . The following summer the top 2020 TG players all jumped ship to YJ when they realized they did not want to play for Hofstra as most TG end up doing .

That 2020 TG team played and beat YJ at summer tournaments as well as all the MD teams and it lasted undefeated for two years. It was not just fall slap together team wins. Then it blew up and went to shambles. And that was years ago in like 5th grade, who cares. Big difference from 2023 age group, where ALL the LI teams are just watered down. Yes, competitive with each other, but none are strong off the Island. That being said, these two age groups do have one thing in common, the parents are the most over the top, obnoxious loud mouths.

Actually went undefeated for 1 summer .That fall YJ beat them several times and the next summer YJ and MD traded wins and losses beating all others . Again I have seen this 2023 act before and it rarely ends well.

The one difference is that for the first time players have been leaving YJ blue for the last two years and going to TG and other programs. This has never happened before. If YJ doesn't fix the problem more will leave.