Originally Posted by Anonymous
ICON took a step back because they lost some really talented kids. At that level, it is very hard to replace them. I also believe that they are not made up of Holdbacks, or early birthdays like the other teams are. There is one kid on Express 2021 that really should be a 2019. Crazy stuff.

I think that some of the second tier teams (A or B, whatever) will catch up because they don't have holdbacks on them. Some of them caught up to Legacy already because they are maturing, and this year they will only get better. I have seen kids on these second tier teams end up getting better spots in College because the kids on the top tier teams peaked early and the late bloomers passed them by. That will be more common now that early recruiting is done.

In theory, you could be right but you are assuming the "second tier teams" are younger than Igloo, 91, Express and Icon. My son has been on the same "AA" team since 4th grade. There are no re-classes, a couple kids born in 11/02 and the majority of the players born are in the spring and summer of 03. They are considered a top 4 LI team. No doubt some players from "second tier teams" can play on this team, and some may become better players in the one run. But that "some" is a really small number.

It is good to have hope and keep working though. That is the way to become part of that small number. Good luck to your kid and his team.

Age has has nothing to do with it. The top three teams have most kids well into puberty. The next teams numbers 4-8 have kids are in earlier stages of puberty. It will start to equal out soon. If it does not it will be a surprise. As for a small amount of kids that could make the top four that is not accurate. Many of those kids have made the top four teams and chose not to play with them.

I'm not saying everything else you've posted is wrong, but you're other premise is that age and puberty have no relationship, and that is in contrast to well established fact.

There are plenty of 13 year olds who have gone through full puberty and many more that haven't even started. Age is a factor, but not as much. It will all catch up by 11th grade when these kids are being made offers.