Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Forgive me on the B team I was going off the old system

With the Travel Teams new ranking system AA, A

We would be an A team

And we will do just fine

See you all at the Blalant Fall Jam

everybody is going by the AA A ranking system. Avalanche is a B team

A tier system with only a handful of teams in the top tier on LI is beyond dumb - keep perpetuating dumb, though!

Not at all. Black Ice, Blaze, Express and ICON are in a class by themselves. Outlaws, Legacy, Express North, Empire, Ambush are the next tier. Everyone else falls to the third tier. When teams like this are grouped together they are competitive. When they play up or down, there is a huge difference in the scores. So whether you want to call it A B C D or AA A B C is irrelevant.

One team that you have in the second tier has played a couple of the teams in the first tier close. That's why the AA system does not work. The top two teams in tier two can be grouped with tier one which are the A teams. They can and have played close games with top tier teams but also get blown out too. The others are B adding a few teams you did not mention. The rest are C. Also One team you mention in the top tier is more like the old Wild Katz or Saints teams. Some great players but they their main team is a different team. You can't be a top tier team not having a lot of practice or play only a few tournaments because they have to work their schedule around other teams or else they can't field a team. It will be interesting to see this season because from what I am hearing a couple of teams in your second tier replaced some original kids that were hurting them a lot with some good players. Let's see what happens in the fall. This may be the year some teams move up and some move down.

I'm surprised at the movement this year. It seems that many of the teams upgraded at some key positions, but some teams also lost key players to the top tier teams. My son's team replaced 5 key spots, and lost one of their best players to the AA team. I can tell you some of the players that they didn't want back were good players, but either had attitude issues or just couldn't work well with the other players. I really couldn't tell you where we will be this year until we see them in some tournaments. It should be a fun year.

This is all True. There is at least one second tier team that should be in the first tier that at times played one or two goal games against the top tier but also once or twice got blown out. Here is something no one has considered. The top 4 teams are older with hold backs and many late 2002 or early 2003 birth dates. Some of these younger teams kids in the tier two will start to grow over the next year. By summer the size and speed advantage of the top teams may be less especially with that one team that we all know who on occasion has played some of the top 4 to close games. So fall will show us the immediate impact of the roster changes but we may have to wait until summer to see the improvement when these younger kids enter the next 10 month growth spurt that the top tier team kids have already had since they are older.