Originally Posted by Anonymous
Texas parent here whose son plays on MD 2022 team with MM. For the record, we pay for tuition, our OWN flights and try out for the team, no free rides, sorry to disappoint. I bet that is a shocker to you all. To your surprise, Texas is no hot bed for lacrosse, though there are some great teams and players, that is why we have made the decision to travel to MD, as well as LI, to expose our son to the best competition. For those that are upset that boys from TX travel to MD to play on teams that they try out for and make, since when do you decide who can and can't play on MD teams. Through Team 91, our boys in Texas have been trained by both NY and MD coaches. On these occasions, several of the boys have had the opportunity to try out and play with NY and MD teams. A few of us, who can, want our sons to have a better lacrosse experience, so what is the problem?

You guys should not worry about anything. Your 8th graders will soon go to a public or private HS that has a lacrosse team, they will practice 5-6 days a week, get quality coaching/training and play against top talent every week. Meanwhile, my son, who lives in TX, will go to a HS that does NOT have a school sanctioned lacrosse team. Will not have anything close to the coaching your kid receives and will continue to play in a recreational club environment. So, my apologies for wanting my kid to get the best training and experience in MD while he can.

I'm not on the sidelines with the team, so I can't confirm or deny what MM has said. What I can tell you, is that Mark has provided an awesome opportunity for my son and has been open and honest with me as well as my son. We have enjoyed getting to know our MD families on our team and most importantly, my son has made some pretty cool friends during this experience.

Instead of coitizing MM and his program, cheer on your kid’s team and don’t worry about what Team 91 MD is doing. Each of us are doing what we think is best for our sons. Better yet, look for me on the parent sideline to say hi and chat, us Texans are pretty-friendly!

Mr. M

Didn't tryout the first year or this year, but TX boys always start the game.