Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They stopped posting DOBs because it was too embarrassing

Rather, probably because of all of the stupid emails they were getting, just annoyance, rather than embarrassment. It was by grade, so posting birthdays would be as relevant as posting hair color. It's universally know that private school kids are going to be a year older on average, so other than crying points when we win, or rallying points when we lose, it's just not relevant. HS and College don't go by age, except with some cap regulations, so we might as well be talking about the the weather or paint drying.

"It's universally know that private school kids are going to be a year older on average". This is not true at all. That would mean every kid that goes to private school is held back.In my sons 2020 class at a MIAA A school there were approximately 40 boys who played lacrosse. I know the approximate age of 26. 4 of the 26 were born before 9/1/01. The four held back are summer 01 bdays. So 15% of the 2020 laxers that I know were held back. Out of the entire class I know approximately 45 bdays of which 6 are pre 9/1/01...13%. So saying kids that go to private school are on average a year older feeds into a false narrative. Even for schools and/or classes that have a higher percentage would never make the average a full year higher.