Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are there kids posted on the Dukes Nationals Depth Chart for 2023 that are not even on the team anymore?

Gonzo has done that before. He is always trying to make his DN program seem bigger than it is. It's not the first time. Im glad we left.

Here it is in a nutshell, from personal experience over a yr and half with kid in program, depth chart is total [lacrosse]!!! It is not followed, honored, or remotely reflective of team talent. Everything posted about outside kids brought in is completely accurate. Chart is Nothing more than a tool to keep kids motivated to keep coming to mini camps and to pay for tournament fees. Some parents appear to have a positive spin on the program and I say good for you!! However the overwhelming majority of parents on my kids team were not happy with the way things were operated and decided to leave. The turnover is tremendous, not exactly a positive for the organization.

Exactly! (this is the dad that is accused of being gonzo all the time). More kids don't make it than do. Therefore, more unhappy people than positive posters (let alone the nature of this forum). I have noticed and my son has experienced movement up and own the depth chart. If someone has a better clinic or game, so be it. The best player is not always on top. The players who played best are. Its a system you aren't used to. Like the real world. Just bc you "pay your fair share" doesn't mean something is handed to you. Wake up and earn it every day. That is what happens at Dukes. If you don't like it, pay your $2000 for club and complain about equal playing time.