Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are actually three FCA 2020 early commits who all played for a few years at the 2019 level until the summer before their eighth grade year. (They did not reclass to move to 2020) They are all on age and committed early because they stood out even at the 2019 level. Coaches were already watching them a year before they began talking to them. I'm just going to also assume that they are not the only early committed 2020's who are on age and who are excellent players.

You sound a bit irrational and bitter about the commitment process. What you're saying just isn't true no matter how much you want it to be.

4 of those FCA kids were born before 9-1-01. Several in the 2-2001 to 4-2001. One re-classed in MS, one is a pre-first and 2 started late due to summer birthdays.

Let's make it easier for you, so you don't have to burn yourself out trying to over-analyze and over-explain. All of those kids will have productive HS Varsity and some level of College lax careers, so it doesn't really matter how or why they got there, how or why eligibility rules are what they are, or how many birthday parties they have had. If a College is interested in you, it matters zero if you did pre-first, repeated a grade, wore a blue collared shirt on Thursday, or had eggs for breakfast on Tuesday - they are just interested, because they like your play and think you can fit in their system. Reading you droll on about months, Summers, whether they packed lunch in Kindergarten, birthdays, I mean you could count leaves on a tree, send out a report to the anonymous lax forum, and spark more interest. Let it go honey, let it go.

I think you are missing the point. How did they gain this interest you are speaking of? They where aloud to shine and excel playing kids 18 months younger? We can agree the system puts kids in Grad years. So if you are 18 months old for this grade you have a mathematical advantage every time you are on a field. I agree you still have to be a great player. But if you got 80% more playing time from 3rd grade tell 10th grade because you where 18 months older this is the issue. Yes this is crying of a broken system but truth is truth.
[/quote]

The argument above that these players gained an advantage in the recruiting process because they were older doesn't hold water since the FCA players that were on the inside lacrosse list played with the 2019 class (3 with FCA and 1 with Crabs) until the 19s went to high school. These 2020s committed because were noticed by college coaches as rising 8th graders playing with kids "18 months older".

[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!!!!