Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well run organization that plays against top competition all year.

Agree 100%. The Hawks have a lock on AA County and parts of Howard County. In contrast, the talent in Baltimore only gets more diluted (Crabs, FCA, Looney's, 91...).

The perpetual knock on The Hawks is that the Hogan tournaments that the teams have to play in are demeaning to the brand. I know that the program makes money from the tournaments but let's face it, for the most part, they are low A to B events at best (except Naptown).

Agree that the Hogan Tournaments aren't the best competition for their very good teams.
Also, they tend to favor St. Marys kids.

not true, kids are from multiple schools and has no bearing on team selection.

I heard the 2022 Hawks cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. I heard the 2023 team cut 3 kids and 2 were from Baltimore. One was a set of brothers. Both the 2022 and 2023 brothers were asked to stay on the B team and turned down tryouts and offers from other team . None of the 4 cut Baltimore kids are playing anywhere. I guess they like holdbacks and out of state kids over Baltimore kids.

Nice try but you are so far off on this. Why would you make up lor spread lies like this? I don't like the Hawks one bit but I know all the Baltimore kids and their families on The 2022 and 2023 teams. The 2022 brother did get cut but he IS on another club and they are looking forward to their new challenge. Be is a talented and great kid and he will be fine. The dad said how the Hawks coach was making calls on his behalf to other teams including the team my son plays with. His brother DID NOT get cut from the 2023 team and is playing with them again this season unless something changed in the last few days. The other 2022 Baltimore kid DID NOT get cut by the Hawks. He is an outstanding player who loves lacrosse more than maybe any kid I know. He tried out for another club and accepted their offer. He was NOT cut. He was a valuable member of the Hawks for several years. His family was very active with the Hawks also. Never heard them say a bad word. He has many friends already on his new team. He is looming forward to his new team and upcoming season. The other Baltimore kid on the 2023 team did get cut. I don't know them as well as the others but he IS on another club..i think he was only with the Hawks for 1 season. He is a really good player that really knows how to play the game. He will be fine.

I have no idea what Hawks think about Baltimore players and don't really care but stop LYING about individual kids and families like this. You already have someone on this threaded questioning the talents of the kids and the character of their parents. Disgusting