Originally Posted by Anonymous
This post is ridiculous. This team will be legit. My kid is very talented. All the 3rd grade rock stars in my older sons grade are now middle of the pack with everyone else or have quit lacrosse. This is. Marathon not a sprint. Relax 3rd grade dads.

I agree! Parents were just wiping these kids butts just a couple years ago.

You know what is ridiculous? Making an A and B team for this grade. Directors should be ashamed.

From a business POV, if they have enough boys to do two teams, they will have two teams. How would you divy it up - two 'equal' teams? At some point during the season, one will perform better than the other, even if only by a small amount, and then the labels will be added after the fact by the parents. So, you're then at the same point - as a director, it may be easier to just go that route from the outset. Kids aren't locked into those labels year after year - each year's tryouts allow them all to be reevaluated, either within the same program, or with another.

At this age you need to develop a child. You shouldn't take their parents money if they can't play, but if they are good to great then develop them as a whole, unless you're worried about your reputation on BOTC by losers who say your team is a "B" team. If you are a director... go read leadership books, you might learn something about building a cohesive unit, strong will to have the players take care of one another, win/lose as a team, etc. Very important life lessons. What I learned in team building with average players is that they can accomplish much more than egocentric ball hogs and coaches.