Originally Posted by Anonymous
If this is true then this means only a few kids returned to the team and only has 30 kids to choose from. I would think most of the kids are using Igloo as a safety net in case they don't make a team or already need a safety net. It is doubtful anyone is going there by choice. The igloo parents I spoke with are saying the same thing a lot of kids and talent was there. Maybe they need to read from a new script since word is getting out that is not true.

Hearing not much @ the Avalanche tryout tonight...

Not much what ??? There was plenty of kids and some good talent well be a nice team but more importantly will be well coached and the kids that want to be there will..... by the way don't believe everything you hear....lesson #1 in life see you in the fall pal

Unimpressed was the term used. 25 to 30 boys, handful of Igloo helmets. I trust the judgment of the source. Maybe we'll see you in the fall, maybe we won't. Fall is football season! ;-)

Not sure how this is a surprise - first the club formally disbands the team, then they reconstitute it. Players reacted to the first message and sought other options. Between the experience from last season and the totally mixed message by Igloo, even with bringing in a renowned coach, Igloo was fighting an uphill battle from the beginning. Throw in the late tryouts, and we are we are, but none of it is surprising given the details.