Please stick to the Facts people- top guns did not play Liberty at Hofstra last year. Elevate beat liberty in playoffs and then top guns beat elevate in championship game. This year neither team even bothered to attend the Hofstra tourney. Top guns has beaten elevate a few times in the past 2 years but has not faced Liberty. I am 99% sure (trying to jog my memory) that Summer of 2015 was last time top guns vs Liberty in a shortened playoff game and I think Liberty was the victor. But imo it's tough to claim bragging rights in a 20 min playoff game from 3 years ago so it's anyone's guess which team is better now. My money would be on TG.
Regarding the u14's, yes top guns had some 20's (as did other teams) but top guns also had a few of their top 21's out with injuries.
All in all, if I had to put money on a yj/tg game, my money would be on YJ in a close game that yj "out coaches" tg. And I'm sure you have figured out by now that I am a long time tg parent. Lastly, imo the reason that the top Long Island teams have been having a tough time with the top md teams is not because "the age group in general is not very strong", first, I believe that Long Island's top players are more spread out among many teams. Sorry YJ families but I just don't think the top 24 girls in the 2021 age group are all playing on YJ blue. In fact, I don't think YJ even has the top 10 players and second, I think the MD teams practice more and are coached better.