Originally Posted by Anonymous
CR is definetly dropping players off this team. Will be defenders getting moved though, replacing with middies. The Attack is a strong group. She wants players who can handle the ball, too many mistakes on clears. She made a comment about this on the side line a few weeks ago that was easily heard by anyone around.

Probably the most accurate post so far and weakest link has always been D. Need to find girls who can stop ball and not cause so many turnovers. Some good options on B and C if they open their eyes.

I wrote the original post, and I cannot comment on defenders on C, but I have seen B defenders and they are even a step down from the A defenders. Probably one of the reasons for the B team's horrendous season (besides the entire team's inability to catch throw under any sort of pressure) was extremely poor defense. None of those players are an option. Better off just trimming the roster to 20-21 if outside talent does not try out. CR had her scouts at the Liberty and TG U14 games scouting players and tracking down parents. She definitely approached at least one family, probably more herself. Middies need to replace most of the defenders, after all most defenders in college are middies who get put on the defensive side.

Most of the game changing talent from the island has already drifted to this team. Don't get excited, there are other girls on other teams that are plenty good, but most any addition would just be a swap of talent with others that could play on the team. The only real stand out player that I think would make a big improvement would be the big liberty draw girl at nationals, but most of those girls are sorta stuck playing for the varsity/club coach.

What ever happened to coaching, not poaching?

Not the YJ way, they only poach. That is why they will probably lose to 4-5 teams next year. Everyone else is catching up and passing them.
Look how bad their B team is, even their super coach doesn't do much with the "unpoached" girls on that team. That team probably isn't even in the top 15-20. Probably 10 in MD/Va alone who could beat them. Then there is NJ, Pa. and Mass.

Not to mention at least 4-5 on LI that can beat them. Not even in top 20.