Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what I've read - The LIE team filled in an empty spot with 24hrs notice - albeit in a division they were too skilled to be in (but THIS WAS APPROVED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR). They played weak hand, half defense and passed the ball instead of shooting. These are all very NORMAL approaches in a situation when a team is notably stronger - it evens out the game considerably. My sons have been on both sides of the advantage in the past and as a parent I respected the coaches tremendously - as no one likes a blatant blow out at a charity tournament like this.

No one complained the boys were overly aggressive/physical on the field. If that were the case - I would think the refs would have put a stop to it immediately and this post would be going in a different direction. But instead - this post is full of immaturity, whining, sour grapes. accusations & name calling.

IMO - Lack of communication from the Tournament Director (who was probably just trying to do the right thing) and mistakes by many were made throughout the 48 hours. I'm sure if it's covered by your news12 threat -- you and the parents on your team won't come out smelling like roses either.

Have a drink, blow off some steam outside of your keyboard courage -- go toss the ball around with your son. Life is too short to get twisted about one charity tournament that may have been mishandled from the top down. And if this age thing really pisses you off - don't have your son play club ball anywhere - it's not going away and no club is free of it. Middle school club ball is even more fun to watch: puberty vs. non puberty players that may or may not have been reclassed. 85lb attackman vs a 150+defenseman. I watch and cringe through it every weekend.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
From what I've read - The LIE team filled in an empty spot with 24hrs notice - albeit in a division they were too skilled to be in (but THIS WAS APPROVED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR). They played weak hand, half defense and passed the ball instead of shooting. These are all very NORMAL approaches in a situation when a team is notably stronger - it evens out the game considerably. My sons have been on both sides of the advantage in the past and as a parent I respected the coaches tremendously - as no one likes a blatant blow out at a charity tournament like this.

No one complained the boys were overly aggressive/physical on the field. If that were the case - I would think the refs would have put a stop to it immediately and this post would be going in a different direction. But instead - this post is full of immaturity, whining, sour grapes. accusations & name calling.

IMO - Lack of communication from the Tournament Director (who was probably just trying to do the right thing) and mistakes by many were made throughout the 48 hours. I'm sure if it's covered by your news12 threat -- you and the parents on your team won't come out smelling like roses either.

Have a drink, blow off some steam outside of your keyboard courage -- go toss the ball around with your son. Life is too short to get twisted about one charity tournament that may have been mishandled from the top down. And if this age thing really pisses you off - don't have your son play club ball anywhere - it's not going away and no club is free of it. Middle school club ball is even more fun to watch: puberty vs. non puberty players that may or may not have been reclassed. 85lb attackman vs a 150+defenseman. I watch and cringe through it every weekend.

Just to clarify something that I have seen in this post and throughout this thread is that Express was asked to fill a spot with 24hours notice of the tournament. This is absolutely false as they where on the schedule which was out on Tuesday afternoon. Clearly not 24 hours notice. Stop trying to justify why older players used.