Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really??? Wins and losses? Charity money? Filling a spot? A tshirt? This is what we are concerned about? Has anyone given a thought to saftey concerns of playing these older kids against these young children? All to make a few extra dollars for the cause? At what cost? You cant tell me this is not a huge saftey / legal issue. You are delusional if you think there is no problem with running kids 2 years older at this stage in their development. It is insane to me that organizations pull this crap and it will all come to an end when you are the parent of the younger child who is severly physically hurt.

Well said, couldn't agree more it's just sad that organizations & parents have resorted to the win at any cost mentality and then try to justify using older players. It's really sad that this where this great sport is going.

While I generally don't disapprove of anything anyone has said about LIENorth, they are not the only one to blame here. Has anyone said anything to Long Ireland Lacrosse, the event organizer? That would be the surest way to stop future abuses. Sure LIENorth played in a game they shouldn't have, but it seems to have been done at the request, or at a minimum, the consent, of Long Ireland Lacrosse. How could they not know of the age disparities and the risks to the children?

Long Ireland Lacrosse is as much to blame as anyone else. In all of your hate speech have you said anything about Long Ireland Lacrosse or do you all just like harping on LIENorth because you lost? Why not ask for a boycott of this charity or event! Insist that Back of the Cage not accept their advertising dollars. Come on people, spread the blame accordingly! If Long Ireland Lacrosse allowed this to happen in this game, don't you think it happened elsewhere or in the future?