Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEWSFLASH.....This isn't unique to Express North, Levittown or the 2026 age group. It happens at every age. Get used to it.
Does it suck when it cheats a group of hard working kids out of a championship? Absolutely, but until the lacrosse world ENFORCES a uniform age cutoff and penalizes teams that do it, this practice will continue.

This is why I'm so surprised anyone takes any of these tournaments seriously. Some teams are obviously better but a lot of the time the "championship" is not about who is better at lacrosse but instead who has the most parents willing to game the school system. It's not impressive and I can't believe it's treated seriously.

As your kid gets older you stop taking them seriously because the size difference of the cheaters becomes blatantly ridiculous. Almost dangerous. The integrity of the sport is suffering and we can only hope the governing board steps in and starts implementing same birth year rules as soccer and hockey.

They did already US Lacrosse did their part. However, they can't legislate it. The clubs and PAL on Long Island ignored it. Team LI, which I have no ties to, tried to implement this and while the director was at PAL he brought to a vote and lost, kudos to them. We all complain, but it's not changing.