Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The sayville team could have 50 kids on it and still will never play like and have the heart we had. We played with passion and heart bc Coach Doller coached us like that. I did not see that in one game the past 2 seasons. My college coach went to see sayville play and said "that is NOT a sayville team, what happened "? College coaches will not be getting the same kids they once expected from Sayville

Are we stuck with the current coach or do we have a chance to bring in someone or better yet, bring back Coach Doller? Sayville deserves better.

I'm beyond disappointed that Coach Doller has been replaced by a man who doesn't have the same drive ,determination and grit . Coaching at the High School level is the most important factor for the success of the program. We live on Long Island most teams have very skilled players. It's not what you get out of your stars it's what you get out of role players that matters most. Say what you want about Doller but he got the most out of every kid on the field. Certainly cannot be said about the current coach.
This year's team had 4 Division 1 commits and 2-3 Division 3 commits. So more than 3 quarters of the team are going to play the next level. They went 7-9. Unacceptable!