Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's have a local LI summer series. Why not? Mid week games with the stronger teams playing one another during June/July. I'm sure between the Directors of TG, YJ, Igloo, Jesters,Legacy, Liberty, Blue Devils, Elevate what have you, these heads of state can get fields and the100$ for a referee once a week. Great working scrimmages if nothing else. Helps us all compete and prepare for the likes of the Maryland clubs. Boys used to have the Oyster Bay League- Channy of Express ran it. What's better than that? In lieu of Doing another mediocre to poor local tournament. Come on directors- I challege SS, CR, AA, JC,and all the others. Keep it local. Let's take care of our own.

I wish it would happen.

I do as well. Considering CR won't let her girls play in the Hoftsra tournament, I don't see it happening with any YJ team involved.

You're probably right. It's sad, because it would be great for ALL the girls, and would save parents a lot of time and money. I also know of some great athletes that don't do travel lacrosse because it would interfere too much with the other sports they do. They would definitely be interested in something like this. My daughter is a very good and disciplined player. She can play with any of the MD girls. I believe she would benefit greatly from a summer league. Still like her playing the top teams, but LI has enough teams that can hang. If YJ thinks they're above the level of the other teams, they are dead wrong! There are at least 4-5 teams that can be competitive with each other. I'm talking 1-2 goal games. If someone wanted to get something going, I would also be interested in a pick up game. Girls could mix and match.