Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you new to Baltimore club lacrosse? FCA starting several years ago crushed both Looneys and Green Turtle lacrosse. The FCA 2017, 18, and 19 clubs took all of the good players from both of those programs. The guy that rants about Looneys folding their teams has forgotten that they had no choice. I don't think they had enough players to field a 17 and 18 team after the FCA carnage. If you want to be mad at something, be mad at FCA lacrosse.

100% correct. Looney's had no choice. They were up front with the players and told them early what was happening so as to give them a chance and time to find another club. They simply did not have enough players to field a competitive 2017 or 2018 team.
This has been discussed many many times on this board but there are still some individuals with, it seems, an ax to grind and keep bringing up how Looney's just folded these two teams. Everything that I have heard is that Looney's did the right thing and the best they could for these players.
Some need to get past this, it happened maybe 3 or 4 years ago, maybe a little longer.

It was their 2017 and 2018 team. It happened 2 years ago, not 4 years ago. In the prime of their recruiting season, they abandoned the kids. Neither team was very good, but they had enough bodies, but didn't want to invest any time in those kids whose families had written checks for years. Makes you wonder if they'll do the same thing to the kids on the current mediocre Looneys teams.

Sorry but your facts are way wrong. NOT 2 years ago, closer to 3/4. Get your stuff straight before you go posting and trashing a club. This is old news and has been posted on this forum many times but you just can't let it go. Why do you find it fulfilling to trash a club? Is your life that shallow that this is what you resort to. I have not heard nor do I feel I will ever hear of this happening again. Read the last three or four pages of post, you are in the minority.