Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what about BBL 3-1

Didn't know much about BBL (NJ). I spoke to a parent who said this squad went 18-1 last summer, only losing to Laxachusetts in their final game. It seemed like they played mostly A-level competition. Parent said they are stepping up and doing all AA level stuff this year and so far they are fairing well. Was told they lost to Igloo Arctic Blast in the Adrenaline Cup final the previous week (8-5) but the game was 6-5 until the final few minutes of the game.

From what I saw, they were a very good team. On the attack side, they were talented. The glimpses I saw of their game against the Crabs, the face-off guy didn't lose once. They picked the crabs apart with a 4-on-3 fast break on multiple face-offs (beat Crabs 12-7). In all, I thought all of the teams that went 3-0 or 2-1 in pool play were solid, good teams that will compete hard. But the Hawks were definitely the class of the field. PrimeTime and Edge were also solid on defense but didn't have the offensive fire power of the Hawks.

Nice wins over Mustangs, PBR, and Crabs. A little surprised they lost to Diamondbacks who were blown out by Mustangs and Prime Time.