Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent of 3 young lacrosse players I applauded the renewed emphasis on hits to the head and helmet. Unfortunately I have seen no changes in the way games are officiated. i am appalled at the lack of enforcement, especially at the travel level. It seem that if a hit or stick to the helmet doesnt alter play, more often than not it is overlooked and players are told to play on. enforcement needs to be strict and zero tolerance at all levels. Too many young players are getting injured and our game of speed and finesse may be altered forever. I implore coaches and directors at all levels to adopt a zero tolerance policy and practice what we preach. The game will be the better for it.
Maybe lacrosse isn't the sport for you and your kids. Everyone knows how the game is played when you sign your kid up. If you don't it doesn't take very long to figure out that it's a rough sport with lots to contact. No one likes to see a kid get hurt and violaters should be delt with . But lets not confuse incodental contact with dirty play . I have been hit with balls , sticks , shoulders, you name it. I have also suffered 2 concussions, 1 in football, and 1 in lax, and I will tell you it is harder than you think to receive a cuncussion. Please don't distroy lacrosse with this zero tolerance, soccer mom B.S.