Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Kellenberg. NY State CHSAA-AA State Champs! Way to stick together after a rough start to the season and finish strong!

what happened to st doms ? i thought they were the team to unseat anthonys /chaminade monopoly ?

Monopoly means exclusive. If STA and Cham were one team it would be a monopoly but they are not so there is no monopoly. As to St. Dom's, you were wrong.

I believe that he meant duopoly - two entities that control a market not a monopoly or a single entity.

Not sure it will stay that way. I seem to think Kellenberg will be giving Chaminade a run for their money the year after next or 2. 2018 are too strong at Chaminade but not too sure after that. Kellenberg may have their number. Should be a good 3 legged race.

Kellenberg is closing the gap but they haven't completely closed it. They don't have nearly the depth of the other two but I think they will make them earn it on the field and won't allow them to look past them as they might have in the years past. Don't want to get ahead of themselves, the boys still have to play the games on the field. I think the team has more talent than in the past and is probably set up to have a couple of successful seasons (on the heels of this year's State AA Title). Things are looking up in Uniondale.