Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems a bit random and arbitrary let me guess your kid has already settle in with the B Team.

Well, it is just the truth. At your next elite elementary school club lacrosse practice, hold out your hand, and less than the number of fingers you have up is how many of the kids you are watching will play in college.

Two points to consider:

1. Weather or not a kid decides to play in college or not should have nothing to do with the success or "elite" status or a 5th grade club team. Parents of kids not involved in club sports like to point out college statistics as if they choose not to play it was all a waste of time. However, I think any young boy who puts the effort in should have a goal to play in college. We should not discourage this goal. The goal may change in the future I wanted to play in the NFL then WWF, kids want to be on an elite team if they are good for the sake of the elite team not college.
2. If you consider D1, D2, D3 MCLA, post collegiate club I would guess most of the kids I grew up with who played in middle school played at some level past HS many still play. The current club scene is a new thing so there is not a stat that proves or disproves your "theory" THAT is a truth. The fact that college players do not get full rides open more opportunities for kids with good grades to get "merit" scholarship money offers long before other students if they are also good lacrosse players. This is especially true in DIII.

Lastly, if you think club lacrosse discussion for 2024 kids is weird or a waste of time, why read this board in the first place? I enjoy knowing which clubs are strong or developing.