Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great game between Smithtown East and Connetquot. One again C-quot coaching suspect. C-quot should be good next year, returning a lot of seniors but will depend on defense. They give up a lot of goals. East Vs. West should be great match up!

'Quot is done, will not be good next year because this Coach can not develop the talent he has. His team is stagnant because his abilities are stagnant and because he is dividing his time and attention between his team and his side business.

I agree with you on the coaching, but they will be good next year, just dont think the coaching will get them over the top. Assistants really running the show at Quot, they are very good but HC is a joke. Had a solid core of players that were not developed by HS program (at all) last year (2016), have many seniors back next year (2018) that are pretty good (again, not developed by HS program at all). Never built a program there. Its a shame, because he had the kids to build on and a solid youth program, but abandoned it. Also, you cant win the big ones when you only play six kids on offense and don't develop any defense. Cant ask your offense to score 15 goals a game in order to win especially against the top teams. I know a lot of the Quot parents are drinking the punch right now but its time for a change there. May seem premature to some but it could salvage the program before its too late. If not the program will be dead after next year.

There are so many good lacrosse players on Long Island that winning depends on coaching. Quot was good this year and will be good next year - Just not the top team. Coaching is key. Quot has not had a defensive coach in a few years - and like you said you can't ask your offense to score 15 goals a game in order to win - even with a good goalie. Holding the ball on offense in a real game doesn't cut it. Coming from a parent who's son played - I can't say I know of many players that respect or like playing for the HC but the season is over and it's time to move on to summer ball. Rumor has it he would like to leave after next year anyway to coach in his kids district. Good luck to the top four coaches and teams of Suffolk. Should be some good games tonight.

Last years team was far better than this years team but coaching was not there. Defense was far better last year and so was goal-tending. Not from the district but judging by last years team and prior years they need to make a coaching change or it will be over for them. What district is th HC's son in? Does anyone know?

Sayville