Where are we now Sayville Lacrosse? We've had two years to assess the removal of Coach Doller, is the program better or worse?

Ok. And let's move on just as Coach Doller has. The whole thing was wrong from the beginning. This had nothing to to do with "coaching" it had very little to do with parents or players. You would be hard pressed to find a handful of families to complain about Coach from his HS teams over the past 15+ years.

Last season the district took away varsity assistants across the board. The varsity assistant position was in the middle of a coaching change, well after the loss of the paid position the varsity coach could not find anyone. Coach Doller coached the varsity team by himself to the county championship. Nobody talks about that. He never said a word about it or complained, guess he just coached his a$$ off.
In January before the season started the AD told Coach D that there would be no JV assistant either. It was never mentioned before this nor is it listed in the districts budget cuts. The superintendent stood his ground while knowing that the had made a mistake or they never told him bc they DID NOT take the JV Football assistant away. Coach D let his parents know what the district had done, they went to the boe meeting with valid points and the JV assistant was reinstated. That evening behind closed doors coach D was fired for telling the parents to go to a boe meeting to fight for the lacrosse program. Not one of the BOE members is connected to lacrosse nor does any of their kids play? Its no secret that sayville is still a big football town, every member of the boe is connected to the football program and they have never supported the lacrosse program, it's a shame. At the end of the lax season Coach Doller was given a letter saying he would not be reinstated for the 2016 season. That's it. There was some backing by the quarterbacks dad bc he is very friendly with kohlar on the board. I think it was over the fact that he didn't receive all the awards he wanted at the end of the season?
Coach D worked with the Boe and superintendent all summer to try and resolve the situation. No dice

The boe is so small minded, short sighted and insecure. Why couldn't they admit their wrongs and work it out? Or point out ways Coach could improve his relationship with the boe? So who losses? Our kids and the sayville lacrosse program and I would guess Coach D, as I know he was not ready to hang it up.

I've watched and experience the lax program in our town grow and mature into something everyone involved could be proud of, It just got sent back 10 years. The BOE, superintendent and AD sold be ashamed.
Just saw a post on FB that Coach Doller will be an assistant at Farmingdale college. Congrats Coach, I wish you all the best.

That could have been written by the captain of the Lithuanian bobsled team. Virtually every thing that was written is wrong. I'm not even exaggerating. That entire novel contained nothing but lies and opinions. Absolutely incredible. Well, not every thing was a lie. Coach Doller WAS the coach. That's true.

Not sure about the quaterback thing (just don't have any info there, but everything else is spot on) but every other word of the original statement is true. What wasn't mentioned is that Superintendent hasn't been a fan of Coach D for years and has been waiting for a situation to burn him. He got his chance minutes after the board just took another beating from the public from the lax parents that night in February, (might I add another black eye brought on by the Superintendent upon which he has made the board look stupid and weak several times in the last two years). The board was angry and Super immediately put coach d's firing to a vote immediately after this meeting. It was approved at this meeting. So this all was done in the same night of that meeting. The BOE has had so many black eyes and looked so flip-floppy weak they couldn't back down on this one, to the detriment of our kids. Time for Super to go. #FWS

The only embarrassment here is the Super. The community has nothing to be ashamed of. Coach D. is well on his way to much more lucrative pastures in his new partnerships, and will be better off financially ten-fold to what he lost on a silly coaching salary. He will still have a positive impact on our community, and help out young lacrosse players. It will just be on his terms and will cost more to be a part of his program.