Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
they are putting them n dfferent brackets. wrights team is in harder brackets to hope for elimination. its all set up for thorn to win

That's not how it works. While every tournament is a little different, all clubs that I know of do the same exact thing. They tell the tournament director which team is number 1,2 etc. they are then placed in opposing brackets to better the chances for the club to appear in the finals. If both the A team and B team take care of business, they will play in the finals. Some tournaments place all the top A teams in one bracket, where the exiting team has an easy win in the playoffs. Some tournament spread the top teams out through the brackets, then you have blowout games in pool play. Let's be honest, some of the games at these tournaments are a complete waste of time. I personally like the invitational type of tournaments that are emerging, like the G8. Keeps the level of play much higher. The 2023 parents have a lot to learn. Funny part is to watch all the alternative clubs on LI so excited because they can actually compete with a YJ team (only at 2023). The honest truth is not that these alternative clubs are now "good", it's that the YJ team is as bad as the rest. Not up to par with the rest of the east coast. Can the talent level rise to the challenge for any LI team at 2023? T seems that the one or two girls spread out to other clubs has diluted the talent that would otherwise make YJ competitive.

Yes, the fact that some of the better girls (more than one or two) in the grade have decided to play clubs other than YJ makes things interesting. YJ still has a handful of the best in the grade, but the coaching has hurt them. This is why some girls left. looking forward to a summer that will clarify things a bit more. I agree that it is great for LI to have 3 teams that are competitive as I see it. YJA, TGB, Leg