Originally Posted by Anonymous
They do PAL football championship, not lacrosse because nobody plays club football, I'm sure there is some sort of winter football somewhere, but nobody I know does it. My sons PAL team has 8 kids who play club, these families spend alot of money on this. This is their priority. PAL is fun for a couple months, but it doesn't seem anyone would be wanting to postpone club lacrosse to play PAL for another 2 or 3 weeks.

I agree extending PAL is not something people will sign up for.....but no reason you can't make this happen and still be done by memorial day. Start last weekend in March, first weekend in April. Play your 8 game schedule over 6 weeks.....mix in one or two weeknight games.

imagine the cheating then. Kids would be coming out of the woodworks for the championship games. No integrity in PAL either. At least football has weigh ins and IDs to verify the kids class. Lax needs to step up with the times. CYO even posts scores and playoffs for youth. PAL is babying them like Little League

very true....but then you create rules. Not just rules that are written on a piece of paper, but rules that are actually followed and penalties are enforced.
Imagine this - roster is submitted week one for all teams. No roster. an be changed. Come championship game time (or any other game), if it is proven that a coach has a non roster player active.....game is forfeited and the entire town organization is penalized. not eligible for postseason for that season and following season. that will stop the one rogue coach in a given grade.