Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They do PAL football championship, not lacrosse because nobody plays club football, I'm sure there is some sort of winter football somewhere, but nobody I know does it. My sons PAL team has 8 kids who play club, these families spend alot of money on this. This is their priority. PAL is fun for a couple months, but it doesn't seem anyone would be wanting to postpone club lacrosse to play PAL for another 2 or 3 weeks.

The NCYFL and LIYFL are the primary leagues for youth football on LI - neither have anything to do with PAL. And neither league has to content with competing play with other football play, so how is the comparison even remotely relevant?

Suffolk County PAL Football is the primary program for Suffolk. They do have a championship for Suffolk PAL. Some Nassau teams even play in the Suffolk PAL that are very competitive teams. The problem with it is that you have teams recruiting players from other towns to win a 12 year old PAL football championship. Shouldn't be allowed, and I'm glad that they don't have a Lacrosse championship for that reason. Let the kids be kids, play with their friends and develop together.