Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Catholic Conference is weak. Would love to see any public play their schedules year in and year out. Although I agree playing the same team year after year for Championship seems silly it is what it is. If they were to be added to Public playoffs what conference would you put them in. Or should I say which so called power house would complain they are added. Everyone was talking about how good WM was and they are going to win it all and how good Mass was and they may win it all. Both lost this year. Year in and year out no changes to conferences so same teams beat up on weaker towns and make playoffs

IT IS TIME FOR A SELECTION COMMITTEE TO BE SET UP AND DO IT RIGHT. THESE COACHES THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ANYWAY SO RANK THE TEAMS AND SET UP A PLAYOFF AND HAVE A TRUE CHAMPION OF LI

That is not how it works. You play for a state title, and the rest of the state doesn't care about what Chaminade, St Ant's or anyone else on Long Island thinks. There was a time would people understood that a State title was a great accomplishment and did not want to turn it in to the circus you propose. "THE TRUE CHAMPION OF LI"

Not so sure about that, many of the neighboring states do a tournament of champions. I think NY should add that to their cache of scholastic sports playoffs. Sure Nj and Ct are not Geographically as large (as are the rest of the NE states) but a Championship can be done and would be a great thing for the state. I also think the Sect 8 and 11 playing each other in a "first round" year in and year out is ridiculous.