Originally Posted by Anonymous
This Sunday is another travel tournament that will disrupt PAL lacrosse. The final 2 weeks of the Nassau season will be a disaster . Suffolk was smart to start early. Pro athletes like Rabil are also running Sunday clinics up against PAL. Plus soccer and other sports are also hurting turnout for some schools. As one of the smaller programs that tend to get lost in the schedule shuffle I would almost consider just finding convenient better matched scrimmages on my own next year.

Agree, Nassau going passed memorial day is gonna suck, although starting any earlier would be dicey. Weather at the end of March is unpredictable.
Our first game was the first Sunday in april.....we we're able to get in one practice in the 3 weeks leading up to the game due to weather.
I'm not blaming travel for the crossup here. Travel dates are booked well in advance. PAL guys know the dates, so they should really try to find a way to fit the 8 game schedule into 8 weeks. Think any team would oppose an evening game here or there. This way PAL is done before memorial day.
Can't help you with other sport conflicts.