Originally Posted by Anonymous
Listen my town team stinks. I am not going to lie now matter how much we tell the parents the kids need to practice other than once or twice a week the stick stays in the trunk of the car or if they do catch it, you can see the surprise on their face then they give it to the other team right away. We've had kids that have been playing for years and still lack the basic fundamentals to play the game now matter how many times you explain a drill to them. With that said i can easily take my son to another town and have him play but you know what he loves playing with his friends as frustrating as it is for me so that is a battle I no longer fight. Our agreement was that he would use the practices to work on something he needed like his left hand.I take him to games, I watch and cheer and I ask him i he had fun at the end.

The best part of this is how he communicates during the games and helps the other players out. Sorry to say but sometimes they are better people than we are (me included) because they have not been corrupted by this cynical world.

I agree 100%. And I wrote the post above. I am very positive about it and I do not discourage him from playing on this team. But every week he walks off the field frustrated that the kids can't catch or that they really don't understand the basic concepts of the sport. He tries to help the newer kids, but he gets the deer in the headlights look from them. I don't want him to quit the team, but I also don't want to force him to play there either. Which is what is happening. We will wait til the end of the year to see what happens.