Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
stop babying the kids.having an A and B squad only benefits the kids. The A kids can play in a more competitive league with kids more their level, and the B kids will get tons of PT and develop confidence. They also will be matched up against kids at their level so they still enjoy the sport. The ONLY problem with A and B is that head case parents can't label their kid as a B player and most Dads who coach are coaching their son on A teams, thus B teams lack dedicated coaches. Thats it, kids should be split. Years ago kids didn't make the cut, now they still can enjoy the game at their own pace.

I wish my town would do this. It is crazy to have kids out there who can't catch and throw playing against kids from top travel teams. All it does is hurt their confidence and makes them not want to play. If there are enough kids, there should be an A/B format for each team. It is in the best interest for the new kids.

So I can surmise that you would NOT want the HS coach involved unless the PAL was split down a talent level.