Originally Posted by Anonymous
I read here that a lot of parents want the HS coach to be an active participant in PAL, well the HS coaches I have spoken to believe there should be no "A" or "B" designation, just mix all the kids up and teach them solid fundamental lacrosse. I agree wholeheartedly, thoughts?

Idealistically? Without a doubt! Practically? Maybe - it depends. If you have coaches that can work together to run a productive practice, that both teaches and keeps the boys interested and enthusiastic, all the while accommodating sometimes drastic gaps in both skill and commitment to the game, then yes. But that's a tall order for many coaches and organizations.

The real question for the poster is, "how many of those coaches he spoke to have actively tried to get involved and made this known to their community youth organizations?". Many here lambasted the very idea (not paid to do it, too much more time, etc, etc). In these cases, we at least seem to have some coaches that are thinking this way, but are they doing anything to actually make a mark in their community organizations? Talk is cheap.

There are some school districts that will not allow the HS coach to be involved with youth lacrosse in the town.

That sounds like a good policy! /sarc Why?