Originally Posted by Anonymous
I read here that a lot of parents want the HS coach to be an active participant in PAL, well the HS coaches I have spoken to believe there should be no "A" or "B" designation, just mix all the kids up and teach them solid fundamental lacrosse. I agree wholeheartedly, thoughts?

You can still teach them solid fundamental skills in an A and B environment. You do not need mixed teams to do this. In fact, fundamentals can be taught better in an A and B environment. Depending on the age, B level kids still are learning how to pass, catch and cradle. They will need to devote a lot of time on this. A level kids will largely be proficient on this, and will need to spend more time on their weaker hand, dodging, and passing and catching at a higher rate of speed.

That being said, its best if the A and B team practice at the same place and time as each other, which will allow the teams to mix a bit and give the emerging B team player access to the A team kids, and to have certain B team kids play up with the A team for certain games if the rules permit such.