Originally Posted by Anonymous
I read here that a lot of parents want the HS coach to be an active participant in PAL, well the HS coaches I have spoken to believe there should be no "A" or "B" designation, just mix all the kids up and teach them solid fundamental lacrosse. I agree wholeheartedly, thoughts?

I have very mixed feelings. I would rather a team be split where the newer kids can develop together while playing against teams with similar makeups. Instead of getting slaughtered or playing too far down that it's too easy for the better returning players. I see it first hand where our team has a mix from very good to brand new. It's tough seeing a newbie take a pass to the helmet, chest, arm then have the better kids end up lobbing passes or even not hitting an open man because they don't think the other kid can catch. Very hard to coach that to 8-9 year olds. In an ideal world one town would practice together, scrimmage together, but during games split the teams up. Again I have mixed feelings and could probably be swayed either way.