Originally Posted by laxdad76
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just looked at newsday stats for curiosity.mp has about 121 goals with about 102 assists.as opposed to mt Sinai with about81 goals and about 35 assists. 121/102. Vs 81/35. Just very curious. I guess mp doesn't believe in any one taking it to the cage and scoring.

We all know that some of reporting can be wrong through minor mistakes by Newsday and or coaches and a game with more assists than goals is clearly a mistake. To accuse coaches of pading is not right, in this day and age it is not practical for anyone to do that and I do not believe it's a fair accusation. In one of the posts someone said they reviewed film- I wish they would reference exactly what they are talking about and post film. Making slanderous claims to people's integrity is wrong. I must say the various claims made me curious, I reviewed a few random team stats and found it interesting
Miller Place 82% of goals come with assists- I did see them play one game and they pass the ball very well-they also have 7 double digit goal scorers. Cold Spring Harbor 73% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers. Shoreham 65% assist ratio-4 double digit goal scorers. Smithtown East 60% assist-6 double digit goal scorers.Mt Sinai 56% assist ratio- 4 double digit goal scorers.

Not sure what this math proves about claims of padding, but 7 double digit goal scorers would relate to a high assist total, proves they move the ball. CSH and MP play similiar styles so it reasons they would be close in assist %

Certain towns pad stats... look at some of the "powerhouse" A teams that leave starters in to score the 18th goal against a crappy team. Now that kid will get an award for playing a crap schedule and racking up goals in a game where he should have been out at halftime. Same goes for defense ground ball stats.. you know what teams I'm talking about. Some coaches set certain kids up for what they want the outcome to be.