All of us in the girls travel lacrosse world have many similarities whether you are from YJ, TG, Liberty etc.....

We all spend a substantial amount of money throughout the year on club fees, training, tournaments, lodging, dining and the list goes on.  

As a second year parent with our travel program in the 2017 age group, I have some questions, concerns and thoughts. Perhaps some parents with actual experience, 2014 and older, can share their ACTUAL EXPERIENCES. 

We all strive to raise good kids, have them get good (hopefully excellent) grades and perform well on the lacrosse field. They are not all destined for the top D1 athletic programs, so where do the majority of them end up?

We can all go to our clubs website and see how we all boast which colleges the girls are committing to. We all listen intently to other parents regarding all the emails the older girls are getting from numerous college coaches that are interested in offering a spot on their roster.

I would like to suggest TRANSPARENCY  regarding the actual amount of scholarship and grant money received for these girls.

With the cost of private colleges exceeding the 50k mark, any scholarship money can be a huge help for the typical family.

But how much are these families receiving? This seems to be a topic that is NOT discussed accurately and openly. I think we can all benefit from some ACTUAL FACTUAL INFORMATION.

I would love hear ACTUAL FACTS regarding how much academic, athletic monies that these kids are getting. It would be great to know that our effects now, will have a payoff down the road. We can all see the top colleges these kids are going to, but is it all worth it? I would like to know that all the stories that we hear are not fairy tales.

Thank you for posting information regarding monies and opportunities that are received. 

Please be discreet, and offer fiscal information, not propaganda.

Have a great day.