Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm was always referring to travel, not PAL which is a waste of time. Girls/woman's lacrosse is one of the most skilled and athletic sports out there. You need to be aggressive but also smart. The best girls know when they can go to goal and score but they need to be smart about it too. Getting stripped or taking a bad shot is just as bad as a weak girl missing her pass. Keep in mind that goals need to be scored to win games. I do agree that many of the rules in girls lax favor the aggressive girl, that's just the way it is. My aim is not to be condescending just telling it the way I see it. My daughter was the girl who couldn't catch the ball a couple years ago but has worked hard to get better because she saw how the better players were playing and wanted to be like them, and not sit on the bench. If you think ithings are any different in soccer or basketball you'd be fooling yourself. It is sad in a way that youth sports have become so complicated and competive that's why the majority of kids quit by the time they hit 9th grade.

You need to watch more sports... girls lacrosse is now THE WORST of all sports. Put your head down, run to the cage and take the free possession. A whistle every 10-20 second kills any transition game and excitement. I truly feel that it requires the least skill of any game I've ever watched or played. I have HS girls that will be playing in college, a middle school girl and a 5th grade boy and even 5th grade boys lax is 1000x more exciting and fun to watch. It tragic the way the sport has taken a nosedive in the last 5-10 years.