Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the poll does however take into account results of cross region games and tries to piece things together--however, the flaw is in the starting view on how strong a given team or region is--I don't think they are blindly picking teams--they do the best they can based on what limited information and band width that they have and of course there are always going to be morons like yourself that nit pick it or have your own bias or anti sentiment against a certain team or town or some argument in a vacuum to refute their efforts. Thanks for your effort of breaking a certain team down in an effort to substantiate your bias... remember, its a lot easier to break something down than it is to build it. Stay positive champ.

There in is the "flaw" in your inane attempt to salvage a lost argument; that being "you think". I so do not care what you "think". I care that there is zero substantiation of a 7 ranking by CHS based on not playing other than one team in the top 25.

Until that "flaw" is addressed in a cohesive and intelligent manner, without resorting to base insulting and otherwise noncontributory conjecture, then all other follow up statements are otherwise worthless drivel.

Have you gone through the other top 25 teams and performed an equally 'comprehensive' analysis of their competition to date? If not, you are are basing your assessment on what "you think" just as much as the premise of the argument you are critiquing. And stop writing like you are trying to impress a college professor - on a public, anonymous lacrosse board, it does not come off as impressive. Rather, it reeks of someone trying TOO hard to elevate their argument by means of nothing more than ostentatious lexicon.

considering the two long island catholic schools alone; they both play 5 games each of the top 25 as does Mc Donogh,...you can research the rest if you care to. at least those three teams belong there

So now you want to compare non-conference scheduling flexibility of catholic versus public schools?? Also, even IF they had the same flexibility, to take your position to its logical end, you believe that any school in any given year can simply pick all of its non-conference opponents autonomously, without any consideration for what those opponent schools might want. Sure!

You can also use all of the polysyllabic words you want (as could I, although I choose not to, lest I come off as the pompous [lacrosse] that you do), but it doesn't raise the level of your argument beyond the oversimplistic one you present and/or repeat, ad nauseum.

I sense a certain amount of pride being hurt there. poor fella frown