Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I said earlier in this thread about the national POLLS. Its like six guys that have seen maybe two teams each actually play. Its worth the paper its printed on so your opinion is probably just as valid as theirs. I can promise you, in the locker room the IL lax poll is not discussed, posted, referenced or on the wall of goals. And also on any given day just about any team on that list can beat any other team--in addition to another 25 not on the list. Given all that--Csh is right in the mix whether they are "ranked" 7th or drop a game and fall back to 45th...

A legitimate answer finally. The polls are evidently biased and will never be an accurate representation of actual possible rankings; but they should take into account strength of current schedule and not past glory or the number of "ranked" players on a given team.

What "past glory" is involved here??

This past glory(below) pertaining to "quality opponents" as per another post, which apparently is justification for the current status:

New Canaan- CT State Champion.
Smithtown West-Perennial Suffolk A contender
Syosset-Won 3 of the last 4 Nassau A titles
John Jay-Perennial NY Section 1 Finalst
Southside-Annual game they have played for 20 years...
Huntington-Crosstown rivalry game they have played for 30+ years
Unfortunately Manhasset was dropped for this season due to some AD politics, hopefully that game returns as they have played annually 40 years, most seasons 2-3 times in league games and then for the county championshp.

No other Out of conference games allowed. League is what it is, not control of that.

In recent years CSh has scheduled Salesian-Perennnial Deleware stateChamp, Medfield-Mass state champ, St. Andrew's in Florida-perennial Fl state champ, St. Paul's MD. I could go on, but I think point was made.

In general, their "quality of opponent" has never been more or less than it is now - I'd even go so far as to argue that it is better today than historically, and any change in competition is largely limited to out of conference opponents, while their in conference competition has been mostly constant. So any allusion that their historical rankings/prestige were justified then ("past glory"), which no one seems to be disputing, versus not being justified today is an application of absolute illogic.