Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not degrading student/athletes at any school. I was pointing out that you shouldn't judge schools and their athletic programs solely on Ws and Ls, in fact the point I made was that if a kid is focusing on his academics but not playing but is still happy then it is a good thing for him. I was pointing out that certain people (in many cases parents who should know better) - make a high school choice primarily influenced by the success of the lacrosse program rather than what was the right choice for them, these people might need to reassess their priorities.

sorry dont get the... dont judge the athletic programs soley on the W's. Huh, what?!?

1) Go back and read the original post referring to the priorities of athletics at the school.
2) you obviously don't have a child who attends there. (not a knock)

At Kellenberg, athletics tend to be secondary if not tertiary and sports are considered a part of a larger holistic approach to allowing students to grow during their high school experience. The priorities are 1)growth as a member of the Catholic Church 2) Academics 3) being an active participant in activities that promote the values of the school (of which sports are one) Of course everyone wants to win and they prepare to but not "at all costs". Believe me, that is not how it was at my high school and there are times I scratch my head but I have to remind myself it is not about me, it is hard to argue when I see him playing well, a happy kid and working both on and off the field.