Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the real problem here is that high hit and terrible pass in front of the goal. Get over yourselves and let the kids play and the coaches coach. Lots of things get said during a game. Anyone that has played any sport they care about will tell you that. Not a team 91 parent

I agree with what you said, with the exception of condoning the directive to break another kids arm. While I've never coached lacrosse, I have coached youth football. Unfortunately we (coaches) can get out of control at times and say things that we don't literally mean. We tell kids to "knock the crap out of the other kids", but we don't actually mean that we want the opposing kid to have a bowel movement on the field. It's a figure of speech. Nonetheless, it doesn't make it right and adults have to be more careful about their word choice around kids. I don't personally know MM- my child does not play with 91- but I am willing to consider that he, or whoever was speaking, did not actually desire for the opposing player to suffer a broken arm. I think he was probably just trying to get his players to aggressively defend the other player. Either way, doesn't make it right. Can we just agree that the word choice was not appropriate, but not in malice, and hope that it doesn't happen again? No need to argue the legitimacy of the video or who said what.

Can't we all just get along...? LOL

If that was all he did, it would be bad enough. But I understand he was threatening and yelling insults directly at the 11-year old kids most of the game. Not just his team, but the other team too. If parents want to pay him to insult their own kid that is their choice. But no other team should have to be subjected to this type of behavior.

I guess the problem is your "but I understand he was..." meaning you were not there and are simply listening to hearsay spread on a board. Did the refs eject him? No yet they did eject parents from the stands so they were tuned in and willing to do what was needed if they saw fit. Agree there is no place for insulting kids on the field by any adult but the videos are not really clear what happened, you were not there yet you are opining on the issue with a "I understand" which is another type of poor form of behavior plaguing our sport. If the "high resolution" visual proof tape exists - and not some amateur CSI guessing it is MM voice- then those there can send the visual proof to corporate, Hoco and whoever else they deem appropriate to right the injustice.