Originally Posted by Anonymous
Putting things into perspective for outsiders taking shots at the program. Knowing numerous people with kids at both ST A and Cham. Kellenberg puts more emphasis on STUDENT and less on Athlete than the other two - Sorry holier than thou Flyers but we all know why the majority of your team is there. Yes those programs are more successful than ours. We are not a national program while you are,but we play quality opponents - 4 of our 6 losses are to St Anthony's, Massapequa and Staples Westport and Commack - teams loaded with DI commits and prospects (as well as a double overtime loss). So yes, we are (2-6) but my kid gets a good education, gets an opportunity play a sport he loves and test himself and against top talent in the area during school season (plays on a competitive travel program). And most importantly loves where he goes to school! We all know there are tons of kids going to the "more successful programs" who don't see the field but get a jacket. If you are there for the education then good for your son. If was there to play lax and your kid is not happy what was gained? A cool jacket?

I hear ya on the post but to me, that post only means something if it is from a parent from a school district not another catholic school. What was gained was HS friendships. The only place that could counter that was the home school district that was left. But it was left for a reason or never attended for a reason