Well, you are correct, the wall is wonderful tool. Personally I still enjoy doing wall work. If this was last year than I would say you are correct. Line drills is whats needed. That is why this past summer he was at clinics he worked on the rebounder in the backyard and played what he could during the fall. His stick skills have improved tremendously for a player his age. Are there better kids with stick skills? Most definitely. There are kids on this team that are very good. They have a high game IQ. I am impressed with them. My son does not possess that because he isn't learning that aspect. I know its more than just coaching. Its also experience. What I mentioned above about one group of kids on side of the field is just one example. I don't see our coach as an overly competitive guy but a person who enjoys winning and seems influenced by his surroundings.(Parents) I would say my son went from being the bottom to the middle of the pack. its a fine line of being disappointed and being that father that complains. I am just venting. I know at 8 years old its tough to figure out what he is going to excel at in 5 to 10 years. I just think like the post I originally commented on that sometimes its not fair. Sometimes it does suck. My son doesn't yet understand what i am seeing yet some kids do point out that they are better than him. So once again where does that come from? Once again i am not trying to be the father that lives through his kid yet in a way thats what we are doing. We are all trying to steer our child in a way that they don't fall victim to some of the stuff we endured.