Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Lancerussell
call me a wuss, but in the interests of maintain relationships, I bit my tongue and ran out the clock...i did mention during games about ALL being involved and that would work for a spell....prob should have ben more forceful, but held back more to protect daughter and friends status dynamic..

Okay, you deserve credit, far too many criticize without ever taking any action to make it better.

I commend you, for I feel i might be going through the same situation. My son likes the game. Last year was his first year of travel lacrosse and I will admit he was probably ranked the lowest on the team. After a summer of practicing, clinics he has improved. Fast forward to the fall my local PAL team was going to have indoor fall practice. He played once and had an off the field accident that required wearing a cast on his hand so fall lacrosse ended. During that time we tried to stay in touch but later found out the team played in a fall winter league. Never did we receive a call to see if my son would be interested in playing. Nothing. Fast forward to the winter and a good friend of mine organized a skills practice indoors. Due to limited space only 18 kids could participate. If i wasn't friends with the person organizing this we would've been left out. The reason why i know this is there were players showing up for spring practice not having picked up the stick since the fall. I understand the coach will play his son some more minutes. I get it. I just don't understand the haves and have not aspect. I show up to practice with my son and there seems to be a click of kids and parents who are on the "inside" that know each other very well. I get the friends aspect i do. After a few games under his belt he still learning. The better players on the team are divided from the rest of the team during practice working on clears and rides while the bench players and subs are doing line drills on the other side of the field. Its laughable how obvious it is. Having played college lacrosse myself I kinda see the writing on the wall. Speaking to another father the other day and we wished there was an "A" and a "B" team. I have no ego wear i would want my son to be on the "A" team. I think he would thrive if given some confidence on the field but his chances are limited due to the fact of some players playing in more situations. At the PAL level its supposed to be a learning tool. We are looking into the Travel lacrosse circuit to see how that goes.

^^That is clearly NOT what is supposed to happen in PAL.

BUT, big BUT, if the kids need to learn to catch and throw, then line drills it is. If you want out of the line drills for your son, go get him to the wall. It works wonders and the kids can catch up real fast. But you have to do something. It's on you.