Originally Posted by Anonymous

Right.... Just like last year when the AA Fogo took 98% of the face offs all year long. Real smart.....
[/

You're right...I would never have my AA Fogo play that much...you might win too many face offs!!! Brilliant coaching strategy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What about in the blow out games? Let your AA FoGo continue to take virtually every face off? How about getting some of the talented undeclassman FoGos some live HS game experience? Wouldn't a smart coach do that to prepare for the following season?

No way SE gets past WM this year. SE dropped out of the national rankings. I guess preseason rankings really are pretty meaningless.

Right.... Just like last year when the AA Fogo took 98% of the face offs all year long. Real smart.....
[/

You're right...I would never have my AA Fogo play that much...you might win too many face offs!!! Brilliant coaching strategy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What about in the blow out games? Let your AA FoGo continue to take virtually every face off? How about getting some of the talented undeclassman FoGos some live HS game experience? Wouldn't a smart coach do that to prepare for the following season?

No way SE gets past WM this year. SE dropped out of the national rankings. I guess preseason rankings really are pretty meaningless.

[/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SE will be fine, maybe WM should start worrying about Commack! And what's this nonsense about fogos? Coaches play their best players to win games if you didn't know. Plenty committed kids remain on the 2nd and third string throughout HS barely seeing the field. This is most apparent in the goalie and face off position where there is only one player. The others can show their skills in the summer.

No coach worth his weight leaves a starter in with a commanding 10 goal lead (let alone larger). Unless the back up is hurt or did something egregious. Starters start the game hence the phrase. Back up comes in maybe second half if you split or minutes in 4th if lead is insurmountable (save a fogo - they can be sprinkled in a game). Unless you think the back up can give a run for the starting job.

This is the tricky part this can back fire, listen to the team not the parents.