Originally Posted by Anonymous
SYAG 6th grade lost 2x to Oyster Bay 6th in the Hub tourney this weekend. Which team was that?

It was their travel team. They have 2 teams. A PAL team that plays winter and spring and a select/travel team that plays tourney. Some kids play both but not all.

That Oyster Bay team has the coach who was kicked off the Outlaws for being a loud mouth.

Can anyone confirm that SYAG has out of town kids on the team? I know the team went from a B level team to an A very quickly, they claim its the coaching?

I'm not from Sachem, but I do coach against them. That team went from B to A because they restructured the league before last PAL season. Couple that with a coach that is more dedicated than most and the result is what you see on the field. That guy had those kids practicing all fall and winter, and the kids have bought in. They don't miss practice for baseball or basketball or anything else. They're committed.

They have a separate team, SYAG Select, that plays in travel tournaments. Though mostly Sachem kids, they have 4-5 out of towners. That's why they play against travel teams and not in town tournaments. They're a very good team. You guys need to let that whole thing go.